Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Vote!

Just read this on the Rebelution and I thought I'd pass it on:

Zach Hunter was featured on the Rebelution back in February. To sum up what he's doing, Zach is basically working to end modern slavery. Yes, modern slavery. To quote from The Amazing Change,
"Whether it's bonded slavery with men, women and children toiling on plantations, in rice mills, brick kilns and many other industries; or, the deplorable and prevalent trade in humans to serve as sex slaves, slavery is flourishing in many parts of the world. It is still every bit as ugly as it was 200 years ago and it must end."

Zach is being featured on CNN Heroes in the young wonder category with four other teens. People have been asked to vote for which teen you think should appear on prime time.
You can read the entire article here


Apart from that, not much has been going on. Nanowrimo today was slow, last night I was at 22,044, today I'm only at 23,245. We had eye appointments this morning, I still need my glasses. (I was hoping to get rid of them... I hate having glasses... contacts would be worse, though). They were going to do some sort of drops to look at something more closely, but the room ended up spinning around me and basically the optometrist decided it would probably be best not to do them.
Tomorrow night we're going to see ASD's production of Beauty and the Beast. Johnny is playing the guy in charge of the insane asylum, that's what I'm looking forward to most, he'll be great at that.

If things start slowing down soon I'll have my notes up from the conclusion of Pause.

Over'n'out
Kilo-Yankee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've voted quite a bit for Zach already, and I'll continue to do so!