Friday, June 22, 2007
8 Reasons I Don't Share My Faith
8. Might get beat up. Dude, Jesus died for you! And you're worried about getting beat up? Romans 5:2-5; 2 Cor 1:5, Philippians 1:29; 2 Tim 1:8, 1 Peter 2:20-21. Suffer for Jesus. Count it all Joy.
7. I Won't Make Sense. Store up God's word in your heart. Know the gospel, know your message.
6. I might be made fun of. See number 8.
5. I don't know how to get started. Pray for opportunities. Know the basic message, practice working your faith into normal conversations.
4. I'll be a bad witness. Again, know your stuff!
3. I'll say the wrong thing. Pray God will give you wisdom in choosing your words. Use scripture.
2. I don't want people to think I'm a religious nut. Don't be ashamed. Romans 1:16
1. I don't know enough. Worst case scenario? Say you don't know, but you'll get back to them. It doesn't hurt to ask for outside help, does it? Nobody knows everything.
It comes to this: Know the gospel, remember Christ's sufferings, pray, and don't be ashamed of your message.
But why worry? These are just excuses, nothing more. And 'sides - God is on our side.